The Copernicus Imaging Microwave Radiometer (CIMR) mission is being developed as a High Priority Copernicus Mission to support the Integrated European Policy for the Arctic.
This meeting will provide an opportunity for you to contribute to the development of the CIMR mission by bridging the gap between scientific measurements and operational services based on the capability of the CIMR mission in support of Copernicus.
The objectives of the meeting are:
- To present the CIMR mission capability and anticipated products.
- To review the scientific questions that can be addressed by CIMR in support of the Arctic Policy.
- To review approaches to Level-2 Geophysical retrievals capitalizing on the multi-frequency measurements of CIMR to address Arctic Policy needs.
- To review approaches to CIMR product uncertainty derivation, product needs and application.
- To review global application of CIMR products in support of Copernicus Services.
- To provide technical input from operational services regarding CIMR products.
- To review validation approaches and challenges for CIMR products.
The meeting will be based on a combination of plenary sessions and discussion-group meetings and is open to anyone with an interest in the CIMR mission.